100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training – Certified & Recognised Course by Yoga Alliance
We are aware that not everybody has the chance or the will to undertake complete training in one go. However, this should not prevent you from moving the first steps into the world of yoga. For this reason, we offer the possibility to begin your training starting with a 100 hours yoga teacher training course. We want to guarantee the same high-quality standard for all our students. So, this course corresponds and matches with the first half of our 200 hours of yoga teacher training course. The duration is of 11 days, inclusive of the opening ceremony.
At the conclusion of the training, you will receive a certificate recognized by Yoga Alliance US and UK both.
In order to achieve a licence for teaching, you will have to continue your education and complete the remaining 100 hours yoga teacher training course. You are entitled to do so with us, at any time later, or with any other school in the world.
This training gives the opportunity to experience community life with a touch of ashram lifestyle; have a more wide understanding of the asana (both hatha and ashtanga style); to learn about alignment and adjustment of the body; in addition to pranayama, mantra, yogic philosophy/ yoga anatomy, ethics of a yoga teacher and teaching practice.
Ashtanga in Sanskrit means eight limbs, mentioned in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra. This technique of yoga contains harmonizing the breath with a succession of postures. This process produces powerful internal heat and a plentiful, cleansing sweat that purifies muscles and organs. The result is enhanced circulation, a nimble and strong body, and a composed mind. Ashtanga Yoga contains different groups of asanas and teachings on vinyasa, drishti, bandhas, mudras, and philosophy. This is a great chance for students to practice and know their level of ability, in a supportive group environment and with the inspiration and guidance of a guru. Ashtanga can be a perfect foundation for home practitioners and also those who want to teach professionally once they know the arrangement of poses.
According to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, there are eight limbs of yoga. Out of which the only one involves postures (asana). Hatha means forceful or determined in Sanskrit. Hatha yoga includes a set of asanas (postures) that are designed to align your body. These postures are designed to line up the physical channels of the body so that energy can easily flow (especially in the spine). The word Hatha is translated as Ha- the Sun which is masculine and Tha- the Moon which is feminine, which in turn represents the balance in nature and also within us all. Through Hatha Yoga, we can create balance and unite opposites. Hatha teaches us the balance of strength and flexibility in each pose. It has immense health benefits and is an efficient way to distress. The teachers at Upaya believe, Hatha to be a powerful tool for Self-realization and transformation, teaching them various techniques to master control over the body by skillful breathing and meditation practices.
What Will You Learn In 100 Hours Yoga Teacher Training
- Art of teaching
- How to give a solid and clear demonstration
- How to give clear instruction (working with Voice)
- Proper alignment of postures
- Yoga anatomy( optional)
- Hands-on adjustment
- How to avoid common injury during practice
- How to jump backward and forward (vinyasa flow)
- How to use props for better postures (as recommended by B.S.K Iyengar)
- Mantra Chanting
- Yogic breathing (Pranayama) and their benefits
- Yogic body cleansing (Kriya yoga)
- Mudras, Bandas, and their benefits
- Yoga philosophy and Patanjali yoga sutra (optional)
- Ayurveda and Yoga principle (optional)
- How to teach one to one class
Daily Schedule For 100 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course
- 6.30 – 7.30 am: Chanting, Pranayama, and Meditation (Optional)
- 7.30 – 9.00 am: Asana Practice (Hatha & Ashtanga)
- 9.00 – 10.00 am: Breakfast
- 10.00 – 11.00 am: Alignment, adjustment
- 1.00 – 2.00 pm: Lunch
- 2.00 – 3.00 pm: Self Study/Self Care
- 3.00 – 3.45pm: Free Time
- 4.00 – 4.30 pm: Yoga Nidra (Optional)
- 4.30 – 6.00 pm: Teaching practice
- 7.00 – 8.00 pm: Dinner
- 8.30 – 9.30 pm: Sharing and question and answer, night meditation, live music concerts, watching your teaching practice or Yoga Movie on screen. (this is only alternate days) (Optional)
- Saturday – Half Day
- Sunday – Full Day Off
Note: Schedule can be changed according to the group and weather condition.
Price for package requires payment of an initial deposit of EURO 300 to secure the booking, with the remaining balance payable two weeks prior to the course start date. (Please note an additional transaction fee of 5% applies to payments made through PayPal).
- Package includes accommodation for the entire duration. An additional complimentary night is offered either prior to the course start date or the last day of the course. Thus, the package may include 12 nights accommodation.
- Package includes food for the entire duration of the course including welcome dinner and farewell dinner.
- Packages include free unlimited filtered water, tea and coffee.
- If you are checking in a few days earlier or staying a few days after the course then additional discounted rates will apply @ 20 EURO per night for EcoHut including breakfast for regular accommodation, depending on the availability of the cottages and room.
- If you are coming a few days later than the course start date or leaving before the course completion date, the course package fee will remain the same. No accommodation charges or food charges will be adjusted.
- All package charges are strictly non-changeable, non-refundable or interchangeable after joining the course.
- Check-in time: 10:00 AM onward, Latest check out time: 11:00 AM
- Course fee including initial deposit of 300 EURO is strictly non-refundable and non-transferable to another person but can be transferred to another date or future course with us.
- We don’t provide food on Saturday evening & entire day on Sundays at our Goa center. Students can enjoy food on weekend at nearby restaurants. We also don’t provide lunch on Opening ceremony and dinner on Closing ceremony at Goa Center.
Course fee includes Tuition fee, teacher training manual, Upaya Yoga Bag, Upaya Yoga T-shirt, unlimited filtered drinking water,tea, coffee, welcome dinner, accommodation and food, WiFi, free pick up from Goa Airport, Room cleaning, toilet paper, towels.
- No refunds, credits or transfers available on cancellation after the start date of any Yoga Teacher Training Course or Retreat.
- Insurance & travel expenditure are not included in TTC fee.
- Prices are based on 1st come 1st served
- Places are limited
Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum
The program at Upaya Yoga is designed and aimed at producing skilled and motivated yoga teachers. For more detailed information on this Course program, please read below and also refer to the 200 hour page.
Asana Practice: The program at Upaya is designed to offer its students a solid foundation in Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga, focusing on the right alignment of the yogic postures. A daily asana practice class gives the students an opportunity to practice their own asanas and helps to build deep insight of the various forms and postures. The daily in-depth practice with individual corrections comprises of the Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation), Multi-Style yoga postures, asana variations, from intermediate level to advanced, Posture alignment, Deep relaxation and Release of blocked energy.
During alignment and adjustment class you will learn about practice teaching and posture break-down, including the main benefits, modifications, and contraindications of each posture.
MAJOR PRINCIPLES OF YOGA
Yoga Philosophy: Classical Yoga Philosophy is intertwined all through the course and you will receive knowledge about Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, allowing you to compare classical and modern yoga. Understanding the true meaning of Yoga. These sessions provide a great insight into the views of others and help reflect on your knowledge and all that you have learned. In turn, you will learn how to imbibe these ancient philosophies into your own life, and will eventually experience the union of the body, mind, and soul. You will also receive a talk on Yoga from the Bhagawat Gita, a treasured Indian text considered to be an ancient guru and a life coach.
PRANAYAMA, BANDHA, MUDRA
Pranayama (breathing technique): Pranayama is the science of breath control, it expands lung capacity by relaxing the nervous system and balancing the two hemispheres of the brain. The art of Kapalabhati (lung cleansing exercise), Anuloma Viloma (alternate nostril breathing) and Samanu (mental cleansing of the nadis) will be taught. Focusing on the rhythm of your breathing and becoming familiar with it is the essence of pranayama. This is a vital feature of yoga and is often ignored as most give importance to just physical practice. Pranayama is an excellent way to de-stress. By practicing pranayama you will build spiritual and emotional power to sustain a healthy life each day.
Kriyas: Cleansing will purify the system and allow the breath to run easily. Explanation and demonstration of Tratak, Neti, Kapalabhati, Dhauti, Nauli and: six classical purification exercises for the various parts of the body namely the eyes, nose, air passages, esophagus and stomach, abdominal organs and large intestine exercises and their effects will be shown. Individual instruction will be provided.
TO BECOME A POWERFUL TEACHER
During the training, you will learn and practice valuable tools and teaching methodology that will support you in becoming a powerful and inspiring teacher. You will learn how to use your voice as a tool and gain the ability to connect with your students confidently through verbal cues, the use of props, effective demonstration. You will also understand how to observe and adjust safely to your students.
The Mentioned Price Is For Sharing Accommodation
|Dates (100hrs YTTC)||Non AC -|
|AC Room -|
|1st Oct to 11 Oct 2019||700 EURO||900 EURO|
|1st Nov to 11 Nov 2019||700 EURO||900 EURO|
|1st Dec to 11 Dec 2019||700 EURO||900 EURO|
|3rd Jan to 13th Jan 2020||700 EURO||900 EURO|
|1st Feb to 11 Feb 2020||700 EURO||900 EURO|
|1st Mar to 11 Mar 2020||700 EURO||900 EURO|
|1st Apr to 11 Apr 2020||700 EURO||900 EURO|
|1st May to 11 May 2020||700 EURO||900 EURO|
|4th Sept to 14 Sept 2020||700 EURO||900 EURO|
|1st Oct to 11 Oct 2020||700 EURO||900 EURO|
|1st Nov to 11 Nov 2020||700 EURO||900 EURO|
|1st Dec to 11 Dec 2020||700 EURO||900 EURO|
PLEASE NOTE: Additional transaction fee of 5% applies to payments made through PayPal
- More choices for accommodation as listed above.
- Better and dedicated premises for a yogic environment that is not influenced by other tourists as in shared premises.
- Various self-managed services such as TTC and Retreat under one management for further improved services to our students.