Who is it for?
Kids Yoga Teacher Training is for anyone who wants to see the kids in their lives reap the benefits of the ancient practice of Yoga. You could be a Yoga teacher who want to specialize in the field of Yoga with kids, a parent who wishes to bring this powerful practice at home, or even an educator or elementary school teacher who would like to bring this art into your classroom!
Because learning Yoga at a young age is a gift!
- Learn about the benefits of Yoga for kids (physical, cognitive, social-emotional, and spiritual well-being aspects)
- Learn how to hold a safe space for the children to learn and grow
- Learn the proper psychological and physical characteristics of different age groups
- Learn appropriate yoga asanas, activities and games, storytelling, language and teaching techniques for kids between 3 to 12 years old
- Learn appropriate class planning and sequencing
- Learn how to integrate kids yoga into the community, elementary and preschool programs, classes in a yoga studio
- Learn how to understand kids better with Ayurvedic notions
- Learn how to adapt classes for kids with special needs
- Get to know your own inner teacher
The program includes
- Yoga theory
- Anatomy exploration
- Yoga asanas
- Pranayama techniques
- Yoga oﬀ the mat
- Meditation & Relaxation techniques
- Yoga activities and games
- Yoga & Ayurveda for kids
- Yoga for kids with Special Needs
» 08:00 am – Breakfast
» 09:00 am – Tuning in + Asana class
» 10:00 am – Teaching Theory
» 11:00 am – Child Development
» 12.00 pm – Lunch time
» 01:00 pm – Yoga Theory
» 02.00 pm – Teaching Theory
» 03:00 pm – Yoga Activities & Games
» 04:00 pm – Pranayama & Relaxation Techniques
» 05:00 pm – Yoga off the mat
» 07:30 pm – Dinner
Who will be hosting this training?
Jessica’s love for Yoga started during her Psychology studies in University. Besides being dedicated to the study of human thoughts and feelings and making humanitarian trips around the world, she felt like something was missing in order to follow her life mission of making this world a better place. She then discovered this Meditation, Mindfulness and Movement art which is called Yoga and it completely changed her life and saved her. She then wanted to share this gift by becoming a certiﬁed Yoga instructor. Having completed more than 500hours of teacher training programs all across India and Canada, Jessica teaches Yoga to kids and adults for the living.