200 HOUR ASHTANGA VINYASA & YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
Upaya Yoga is delighted to offer a unique 200 hour teacher training course which combine together an in-depth practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga and Yin yoga.
The aim of this training is to deliver a complete understanding and experience of these two practices, which can nowadays synthesize the top aspects, respectively, of a yang and yin practice.
The course deeps dive into the two styles of yoga in order to show their true complementary and their equal importance for a healthy and balanced yogic practice.
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga stands as the most authentic and meaningful active style of yoga from which have, in the modern era, been developed all sort of dynamic fast paced practices such as: Power Yoga, Bikram Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga and so on.
A correct and mindful practice of the modern styles of yoga cannot exclude a good knowledge of Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga. Once this is achieved all the rest unfold before the practitioner. A true skilled teacher should acknowledge and mastered all the essential elements of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga to avoid to import them unconsciously into any other form of modern practice.
Yin Yoga represents the most challenging and effective passive style of yoga. Any committed ashtangi, especially if not very young, should combine the intense series of Ashtanga Vinyasa with the practice of yin. This will restore the whole body; it will soothe the pulled muscles and will heal basic joints injuries, and it will finally increase the overall flexibility.
The importance of being aware of the two practices also operates on the body energy system. Only the complementary of a yang and yin practice can bring an equilibrium in between these two energies which are normally fluctuating in any one. Hence, for instance; a very hectic day or a restless mind can be readdressed through a slow yin practice and vice versa laziness or an apathetic mind can be overcame through a yang practice.
Finally, these two practices also operate and train the mind in different ways.
Ashtanga Vinyasa promotes concentration and determination; it also enhances body awareness through the synchronization of the movements with the breath and the constant reference to the dristi.
Yin instead trains the mind to understand and practice acceptance; and also, to cultivate the ability of observation, being patience and letting go.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
- To develop a strong physical and mental practice in Ashtanga Vinyasa and Yin yoga; pranayama and meditation.
- To deliver a complete knowledge of the primary series and beginning of the second series whether accessible to the group.
- To deliver a clear understanding of the yin practice and all its traditional poses.
- To understand the importance and the appropriate and responsible use of both yang and yin practice.
- To progressively build the confidence to teach and expose oneself.
- To provide remarkable insights in each individual yoga journey.
The program of this course is well rounded and balanced. It is structured in such a way that the teaching of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga will be predominant.
The course promises the practice of two different styles of yoga and includes a relevant number of lectures as following.
Styles of yoga:
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Yin Yoga
- Yoga Philosophy
- Methodology of Ashtanga Vinyasa (relation between Patanjali ashtanga yoga and modern ashtanga vinyasa)
- Yin Yoga Anatomy
- Basic of Chinese Meridian Theory
- Yoga Anatomy
- Alignment and Adjustment
- Pranayama/ Mudra/ Mantra/ Bandha
- Art of teaching
- Meditation/ Mindfulness
- Mysore Style practice
Special care and attention are dedicated to the TEACHING PRACTICE. This is the time when the student can experiment what has been learnt during the frontal hours.
The students will learn how to structure a flow and also how to instruct effectively and clearly, both styles of yoga.
Students will eventually be ready to lead both a Ashtanga Vinyasa and Yin Yoga class.
The skills practiced and acquired during this class are the following:
- Time and space management (how to structure the class and how to organise the Shala).
- Observation (understanding the different perspective of being a student and a teacher).
- Communication (how to use the voice and the correct vocabulary in the class).
- Adjustment (how to correct wrong body alignment and how to use props).
- Compassion (understanding yourself and others).
- Leadership (how to lead the class with power and clarity).
6:30 am Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga/ Yin-Yang Yoga (alternate days)
8:15 am Pranayama/ Mantra
9:00 am Breakfast
10:00-11:15 am Art of teaching/ Philosophy/ Anatomy/ Ayurveda (alternate weeks)
11: 30- 12:45 am Methodology of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
1:00 pm Lunch
2:00 pm Self- Study
3:30- 4:30 pm Yin Theory/ Meditation/ Yin Yoga Practice/ Yoga Nidra (alternate days)
4:30- 6:00 pm Yin Yoga/ Teaching Practice Ashtanga Vinyasa and Yin Yoga (alternate days)
6:00 pm Sunset relaxing time
7:00 pm Dinner
Please note that this schedule is only explanatory.
All the subjects listed in this schedule will be covered, however the timing might be different.
The training will be organised in weekly schedules and may vary slightly according to the group and weather conditions.
200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training in Goa, India
|Dates (200hrs YTTC)||4 Bed Sharing - Dorm|
(Early bird offer not applicable for Dorm)
|Non AC -|
|Non AC (Private)||EcoHut (Private)||AC Room (Sharing)||AC Room (Private)||Apply Now|
|1st Feb to 22 Feb 2020||1100 EURO||1400 EURO||1500 EURO||1600 EURO||1700 EURO||1900 EURO|
|1st May to 22 May 2020|
(Early Bird Offer - GET €100 OFF)
|1100 EURO||1400 EURO||1500 EURO||1600 EURO||1700 EURO||1900 EURO|