The Upaya Yoga is a Registered Yoga School with the Yoga Alliance USA. We offer 100 Hours Traditional Hatha, Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training. The 100 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in India (Pre-TTC) is part of the 200hr YTTC offered at Upaya Yoga in Goa & Rishikesh.
The chief objective of 100 hours yoga teacher training is to create awareness of yoga and help you to find joy in your practice at a pace that is convenient for you.
This short-term yoga course is for students who do not have the time to complete the 200hr course in the traditional four weeks, instead, Upaya yoga offers the opportunity to complete the 200 hours TTC in two sections. These two sections must be completed within the year of commencement and the certificate will be awarded to the student once all of the required hours, assignments and examinations are successfully completed. Students may return to Upaya Yoga School to complete their 200 hours of training anytime within 36 months of completing the 100 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course (Semester 1).
The course syllabus follows Yoga Alliance 200hr YTTC standards and includes learning the asanas of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series with an emphasis on how to teach in an injury-free way to all age groups. This course will also have elements of therapeutic yoga as devised by MR. BKS Iyengar. For more information please read the 200hr teacher training course outline.
Ashtanga in Sanskrit means eight limbs, mentioned in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra. This technique of yoga contains harmonizing the breath with a succession of postures. This process produces powerful internal heat and a plentiful, cleansing sweat that purifies muscles and organs. The result is enhanced circulation, a nimble and strong body, and a composed mind. Ashtanga Yoga contains different groups of asanas and teachings on vinyasa, drishti, bandhas, mudras, and philosophy. This is a great chance for students to practice and know their level of ability, in a supportive group environment and with the inspiration and guidance of a guru. Ashtanga can be a perfect foundation for home practitioners and also those who want to teach professionally once they know the arrangement of poses.
According to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, there are eight limbs of yoga. Out of which the only one involves postures (asana). Hatha means forceful or determined in Sanskrit. Hatha yoga includes a set of asanas (postures) that are designed to align your body. These postures are designed to line up the physical channels of the body so that energy can easily flow (especially in the spine). The word Hatha is translated as Ha- the Sun which is masculine and Tha- the Moon which is feminine, which in turn represents the balance in nature and also within us all. Through Hatha Yoga, we can create balance and unite opposites. Hatha teaches us the balance of strength and flexibility in each pose. It has immense health benefits and is an efficient way to distress. The teachers at Upaya believe, Hatha to be a powerful tool for Self-realization and transformation, teaching them various techniques to master control over the body by skillful breathing and meditation practices.
The Mentioned Price Is For Sharing Accommodation
|Dates (100hrs YTTC)||Non AC -|
|AC Room -|
|Availability Of Spots||Apply Now|
|1st Apr to 11 Apr 2019||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|4th Sept to 14 Sept 2019||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|1st Oct to 11 Oct 2019||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|1st Nov to 11 Nov 2019||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|1st Dec to 11 Dec 2019||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|3rd Jan to 13th Jan 2020||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|1st Feb to 11 Feb 2020||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|1st Mar to 11 Mar 2020||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|1st Apr to 11 Apr 2020||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|1st May to 11 May 2020||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|4th Sept to 14 Sept 2020||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|1st Oct to 11 Oct 2020||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|1st Nov to 11 Nov 2020||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
|1st Dec to 11 Dec 2020||900 EURO||1100 EURO||Available|
PLEASE NOTE: Additional transaction fee of 5% applies to payments made through PayPal
- More choices for accommodation as listed above.
- Better and dedicated premises for a yogic environment that is not influenced by other tourists as in shared premises.
- Various self-managed services such as TTC and Retreat under one management for further improved services to our students.
What Will You Learn In This Training
- Art of teaching
- How to give a solid and clear demonstration
- How to give clear instruction (working with Voice)
- Proper alignment of postures
- Yoga anatomy( optional)
- Hands-on adjustment
- How to avoid common injury during practice
- How to jump backward and forward (vinyasa flow)
- How to use props for better postures (as recommended by B.S.K Iyengar)
- Mantra Chanting
- Yogic breathing (Pranayama) and their benefits
- Yogic body cleansing (Kriya yoga)
- Mudras, Bandas, and their benefits
- Yoga philosophy and Patanjali yoga sutra (optional)
- Ayurveda and Yoga principle (optional)
- How to teach one to one class
Daily Schedule For TTC Course
- 6.30 – 7.30 am: Chanting, Pranayama, and Meditation (Optional)
- 7.30 – 9.00 am: Asana Practice (Hatha & Ashtanga)
- 9.00 – 10.00 am: Breakfast
- 10.00 – 11.00 am: Alignment, adjustment
- 1.00 – 2.00 pm: Lunch
- 2.00 – 3.00 pm: Self Study/Self Care
- 3.00 – 3.45pm: Free Time
- 4.00 – 4.30 pm: Yoga Nidra (Optional)
- 4.30 – 6.00 pm: Teaching practice
- 7.00 – 8.00 pm: Dinner
- 8.30 – 9.30 pm: Sharing and question and answer, night meditation, live music concerts, watching your teaching practice or Yoga Movie on screen. (this is only alternate days) (Optional)
- Saturday – Half Day
- Sunday – Full Day Off
Note: Schedule can be changed according to group and weather
Price for package requires payment of an initial deposit of EURO 300 to secure the booking, with the remaining balance payable two weeks prior to the course start date. (Please note an additional transaction fee of 5% applies to payments made through PayPal).
- Package includes accommodation for the entire duration. An additional complimentary night is offered either prior to the course start date or the last day of the course. Thus, the package may include 13 nights accommodation.
- Package includes food for the entire duration of the course including welcome dinner and farewell dinner.
- Packages include free unlimited filtered cold and hot water.
- If you are checking in a few days earlier or staying a few days after the course then additional discounted rates will apply @ 20 EURO per night for EcoHut including breakfast for regular accommodation, depending on the availability of the cottages and room.
- If you are coming a few days later than the course start date or leaving before the course completion date, the course package fee will remain the same. No accommodation charges or food charges will be adjusted.
- All package charges are strictly non-changeable, non-refundable or interchangeable after joining the course.
- Check-in time: 10:00 AM onwards, Latest check out time: 11:00 AM
- Course fee including initial deposit of 300 EURO is strictly non-refundable and non-transferable to another person but can be transferred to another date or future course with us.
- We don’t provide food on Saturday evening & entire day on Sundays at our Goa center. Students can enjoy food on weekend at nearby restaurants. We also don’t provide lunch on Opening ceremony and dinner on Closing ceremony at Goa Center.
Course fee includes Tuition fee, teacher training manual, Upaya Yoga Bag, Upaya Yoga T-shirt, unlimited filtered cold and hot drinking water, welcome dinner, accommodation and food, WiFi, free pick up from Goa Airport, Room cleaning, toilet paper, towels.
- No refunds, credits or transfers available on cancellation after the start date of any Yoga Teacher Training Course or Retreat.
- Insurance & travel expenditure are not included in TTC fee.
- Prices are based on 1st come 1st served
- Places are limited
Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum
The program at Upaya Yoga is designed and aimed at producing skilled and motivating yoga teachers that are proficient in the ancient practices of the yoga sutras and can impart this knowledge to their students. The yoga teacher training curriculum is based on the five points of this art which can be understood as the practical application of the four traditional paths of this art. A rigorous daily session includes two meditation sessions, two yoga classes which are then followed by two lectures, concluded with one hour of service to the center. With one day a week, lecture free. This philosophy forms a part of the extensive curriculum.
Our aim is to offer you a better understanding when you teach a yoga class and clarify each query or confusion that may arise during the class. There will be time for sharing after teaching practice with the group! The Hatha yoga and Vinyasa flow have an alternate day morning and evening switching schedule for a very specific reason. You will learn about them and we will clarify the reasoning behind each posture etc. same day.
During the morning and evening classes, students will assist with the main teachers!
In the last week of training, students will have dedicated class for one hour or a one-and-half hour with a dedicated teacher, who will be there to just watch you. If there is anything you need to work with, the teacher will guide you before your certificate.
ALL ABOUT ASANAS – Posture detailed
Asana Practice: The program at Upaya is designed to offer its students a solid foundation in Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga, focusing on the right alignment of the yogic postures. A daily asana practice class gives the students an opportunity to practice their own asanas and helps to build deep insight of the various forms and postures. The daily in-depth practice with individual corrections comprises of the Surya Namaskar(Sun Salutation), Multi-Style yoga postures, 100 asanas variations, from intermediate level to advanced, Posture alignment, Deep relaxation and Release of blocked energy. Training sessions for all age groups.
In addition to daily asana practices, practice teaching and posture break-down, including the main benefits, modifications, and contraindications of each posture.
Yoga Philosophy: Classical Yoga Philosophy is intertwined all through the course and you will receive knowledge about Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, allowing you to compare classical and modern yoga. Understanding the true meaning of Yoga. These sessions provide a great insight into the views of others and help reflect on your knowledge and all that you have learned. In turn, you will learn how to imbibe these ancient philosophies into your own life, and will eventually experience unison of the body, mind, and soul. You will also receive a talk on Yoga from the Bhagawat Gita, a treasured Indian text considered to be an ancient guru and a life coach.
PRANAYAMA, BANDHA, MUDRA
Pranayama is one of the Five Principles of Yoga or the science of breath control. It expands lung capacity by relaxing the nervous system and balancing the two hemispheres of the brain. The art of Kapalabhati (lung cleansing exercise), Anuloma Viloma (alternate nostril breathing) and Samanu (mental cleansing of the nadis) will be taught.
Pranayama (breathing techniques): Pranayama is the science of breath control, it expands lung capacity by relaxing the nervous system and balancing the two hemispheres of the brain. The art of Kapalabhati (lung cleansing exercise), Anuloma Viloma (alternate nostril breathing) and Samanu (mental cleansing of the nadis) will be taught. Focusing on the rhythm of your breathing and becoming familiar with it is the essence of pranayama. This is a vital feature of yoga and is often ignored as most give importance to just physical practice. Pranayama is an excellent way to de-stress. By practicing pranayama you will build spiritual and emotional power to sustain a healthy life each day.
Kriyas: Cleansing will purify the system and allow the breath to run easily. Explanation and demonstration of Tratak, Neti, Kapalabhati, Dhauti, Nauli and: six classical purification exercises for the various parts of the body namely the eyes, nose, air passages, esophagus and stomach, abdominal organs and large intestine exercises and their effects will be shown. Individual instruction will be provided.
Yoga Anatomy: An introduction to the major body systems is given. The effects of asanas and pranayama on the cardiovascular system, muscular systems, digestion, skeletal, respiration and endocrine system are explained in detail to the students. Diet and nutrition facts are also imparted for a better understanding of the anatomy. These classes will give you a deeper understanding by observing the mechanism of every posture.
Our purpose is to give you knowledge of anatomy so that you leave with a better awareness of your own body. During the lessons, you will lay emphasis on how to adapt your practice by recognizing your weaknesses. These may be due to a lack of strength or flexibility in a particular area. You will learn preparation techniques to make improvements in your practice. Throughout the classes, our assistant teachers provide you with complete personal attention to support you.
Centering Yourself: Begin your transformation journey through the daily exploration of yourself! This is about Self Growth and includes the roots of yoga, simple and effective with coaching tools.
YOU ARE A POWERFUL TEACHER – Teaching Techniques and Practice Teaching
In these hours you will learn and practice valuable tools and teaching methodology that will support you in becoming a powerful teacher, you will imbibe the ability to address a large group as well as learn to connect with each student in your class. You will explore the use of your voice, language, body language, visualization, ability to connect with your students confidently through verbal cues, the use of props, effective demonstration, and acute observation with safe and effective physical adjustments.
Yoga Successful Business: You will study and learn to effectively nurture and preserve abundance through your yoga teaching career. The end of your training session will equip you with a complete resume to immediately begin promoting yourself as a Yoga Teacher.