International Yoga Day, or commonly referred to as Yoga Day, is observed every year on June 21 since its inception in the year 2015. Yoga is said to have originated in India & it helps to heal mind, body & soul. The need for a nation to do yoga regularly was felt by Prime minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi. The reason behind choosing this date was that this day is the longest day in the northern hemisphere and shortest in southern hemisphere. This day has special significance in many parts of the world. He proposed to celebrate June 21 as the International yoga day in his speech at United Nations General Assembly on September 2014. The first International Yoga day was celebrated at Rajpath, New Delhi & the arrangements were made by Ministry of AYUSH.
How to celebrate this day:
- Those who haven’t started doing yoga, this is the best day to start doing yoga for the beginners.
- Special arrangements can be made for senior citizen people to gather at peaceful place & rejoice through yoga.
- Spread awareness through pamphlets, rally & public speech among common people for doing yoga.
- Perform yoga with your family as doing alone may be boring.
- You may join yoga class nearby your home or online classes are also available.
- If there is any event in your city related to this day go please be a part of it.
Motive behind celebrating International Yoga day:
Yoga refers to union of your body & soul. It is a form of attaining good health. Yoga is safe way to increase physical activity & enhance strength, flexibility & balance your body & soul. It can be practiced by people irrespective of caste, creed & religion. Hence, it can unite people across nation to come together & perform yoga. It has been seen people of young age group are prone to alcohol & smoke addiction. Yoga can help them to get rid of their bad habits. It can help reducing stress, obesity, improves immunity, inner peace, good body posture, many other body problems.
International Yoga Day Celebrate By Upaya Yoga at its Rishikesh Center: