We all are aware that yoga helps you to attain proper weight & stay fit. But besides health, we can enhance beauty by yoga. Yoga improves skin & volumizes hair. Yoga encourages proper blood circulation as a result of which body cells get proper nutrition & toxins are flushed from the body. The downward-facing postures clear acne removes dullness& rejuvenates the body naturally. Thus, yoga is a natural way to enhance beauty & fight aging.
How yoga helps in enhancing beauty:
- It helps to acquire the ideal body weight in proportion to height by removing excess fat from all body organs.
- Continuous practice of yoga helps in maintaining correct body posture & it makes the body flexible.
- It detoxifies the body & thus it helps in proper absorption of nutrients in your food.
- It activates internal organs & endocrine glands which in turn secrets all hormones properly.
- It helps from coping stress which in turn makes a person happy from inside as well as outside.
Thus, the continuous practice of yoga along with a balanced diet makes you healthy & provides a stunning glow.
Selective asana to enhance beauty:-
1. Uttanasana (Forward Bend):
- Stand straight on the mat & keep your legs shoulder-distance apart.
- Now take a deep breath & simultaneously lift both the hands above your head.
- Then as you exhale slowly bend at the hips. Lower head towards the floor and allow both hands to hang by the side.
- Hold this pose for 1 minute before recovering.
- Repeat this step for 4 to 5 min.
Benefits of this pose: Due to forward bending blood reaches to head & facial region. As a result of which oxygen & nutrients dissolved in blood also reaches head & face. This helps to reduce inflammation and other skin changes that can cause premature aging. In this way, it helps in fighting to age & enhances your beauty.
Besides enhancing beauty it gives hamstrings, hips & thighs a good stretch. It relieves insomnia & headache. It calms the mind & relieves anxiety. This bend gives digestive organs a good massage.
2. Sirsasana (Headstand):
Sit in vajrasan or the kneeling pose on a mat. Now interlock your fingers forming a cup, palm open & elbows should be placed on mat shoulders distance apart.
Place the head on the cup formed by hands so that the crown of the head touches the palm.
Now raise your knees from the floor & straighten your legs the same as downward dog pose.
Now start to walk towards the head with small steps. Walk till your upper body becomes completely vertical.
Once the body gets balanced in this position, try to lift your legs upwards from the ground using your core strength.
Make sure that you maintain equilibrium & don’t fall backward.
- Try to make your spine & thighs straight in one line.
- Relax your body & close your eyes.
- Now stay in this position as long as you feel comfortable. This is the final pose of Sirsasana.
Now try to come back by keeping the core tight and very active. Bring the knees back down to the chest and then slowly both feet back onto the ground, and rest back down in Child’s pose.
Benefits of this pose: Following are the benefits of this pose-
1) Makes brain healthy free from ailments:- It is the best exercise to keep your brain healthy because as a result of this asana oxygenated blood reaches the brain & facial region. Thus oxygen reaches to brain cell & it nourishes & rejuvenates the cells. It relieves from headache & migraine by calming the brain. It increases memory power as well.
2) Strengthens the body: – Proper circulation of blood removes lethargy. It energizes & relaxes the mind. It ensures a proper supply of blood to the pituitary & pineal gland. Our health & vitality depends on the proper functioning of these two glands.
3) Prevents hair fall: – Sirsana enriches scalp with blood & hence the proper circulation of blood leads to stronger & thicker hair.
4) Enhances beauty: – Regular practice of this asana makes skin glowing, free from pimples, & wrinkles. Because the proper circulation of blood removes waste & provides oxygen to the facial region which improves facial complexion.
3. Matsyasana (Fish Pose):
- Lie on your back on a mat. Keep your feet together as padmasana & hands relaxed alongside of body.
- Pushing your hands-on carpet slowly lies down.
- Place your palms near ears, in line with the shoulder blade.
- Now press palms & waist raise pelvis & head. Then slowly place a crown of the head on the floor, so that an arc-shaped structure should be formed.
- Place both the hands-on thighs, if possible hold toe with fingers.
- Maintain this pose for a few minutes.
- Now release the fingers, push the palms on the floor then slowly raise the head and shoulder blade, rest them on the floor. Unfold the legs, straighten them and do Shavasana
Benefits of this pose:
- It refreshes & strengthens spinal cord & back muscles.
- It improves body posture.
- Practicing this pose early morning after drinking water relieves constipation.
- It relieves stiffness of the neck caused due to consistent sitting work. (IT professionals, office workers & people who travel long run on the bike).
- It helps to reduce thigh & belly fat.
- It provides blood to the facial & head region, hence it makes skin glowing.
4) Halasana (Plough Pose):
- Lie down flat on your back on a mat, with legs extended & palms alongside body facing the ground.
- Now inhale through nostrils & try to lift both the legs upwards till it makes a right angle with the floor. Keep your palms facing down to support your body with the ground.
- Keep your legs straight & bend them over the head till it touches the ground. You can use hands to make the legs touch the ground. Once you are able to attain proper pose remove your hands again touch the ground in the same way facing a downward direction.
- Keep your knee straight & interlace both the fingers. If you are able to touch your toes with the ground, un-tuck your toes & press the top of the feet on the ground. Hold this pose for 30 seconds.
- Now slowly release from this pose by supporting your back by hands & come back to the 1st position & relax.
Benefits of this pose:
• It massages the abdominal organs by pressing them; hence it improves digestion & helps in proper detoxification.
• As more blood flows to face, the face dazzles and remains young.
• It helps in reducing both belly fat & body fat.
• It helps in curing menstrual disorders.
• It makes spinal cord strong & flexible.
5) Anulom Vilom Pranayam:
- First of all sit in Padmasana pose in a cross-legged position by keeping feet on opposite thighs.
- Then close your eyes & with the help of right thumb close your right nostril. Inhale through the left nostril.
- Fill your lungs as much as you can by expanding chest. Hold the breath for 2-3 seconds.
- Now remove your right thumb from right nostril & with the help of middle finger & ring finger close the left nostril.
- Exhale slowly with the right nostril. When you have finished exhaling keep your left nostril closed & inhale through the right nostril.
- Hold the breath & exhale through the left nostril. This process is 1 round of Anulom Vilom Pranayam. Repeat this procedure for 15 min.
Benefits of this Pose:
- It improves the working of the lungs & helps in relieving respiratory problems.
- It removes toxins from the body.
- It helps in curing mental problems like depression & anxiety.
- It makes our skin glowing, clear radiant & beautiful.
- It helps in fighting marks of aging.
- It rejuvenates the body when done in fresh air during the early morning
- Lie flat on your back on a mat with eyes closed as if you are sleeping.
- Your legs should be extended & hands alongside with palms facing up.
- Now, relax & breathe slowly & deeply.
- Start concentrating from the upper body to lower & consciously relax your body.
- Try to relieve your stress & anxiety. Stay in this pose 3 to 5 min.
Benefits of this pose:
- It helps to relieve tension & anxiety.
- It is a good pose to be done after doing yoga as it relaxes the body completely.
- It is good for improving blood circulation hence it enhances beauty.
- It cures insomnia.
- It improves concentration.