- We expect students to follow the Yamas and Niyamas (according to Patanjali) to the best of their ability.
- Drinking, smoking, and other drugs are strictly prohibited.
- Set times for silence must be observed.
- Physical relationships with other students or staff are not allowed.
- Keep your belongings with you. We are not responsible for lost items.
- Our schedule is subject to change. We would appreciate your flexibility and willingness to adapt to any changes.
- Do not argue or disagree with your teachers based on your past experiences of yoga. Be prepared to learn from our teachers with an open mind and new perspective, not comparing to past experiences of yoga.
- After 10.30 PM, we close center doors. Upaya Yoga is free to take strict action against students if they will not follow school laws.
- Always keep discipline, respect teachers and follow all rules.
- If a student found not following school’s guideline and discipline, Upaya Yoga has rights of cancellation admission of the students. We will refund them fee after deducting charges of their accommodation, food and number of attended training classes.
- All classes are mandatory.
- We recommend you to reach our classes on the time, if you are running 10 mins late according to the class time, you will not be permitted to join class.
- Only in cases of illness are you excused from class. Also, in this case, if you are capable you should at least come to class for observing teaching and writing notes.
- Do not be late to classes. This shows respect to your teachers, fellow students, and yourself.
- Repeatedly being late or missing classes without an excuse, will be grounds for dismissal from the yoga school.
- During your training, you will be provided simple but delicious food.
- Yogic lifestyle is not demanding of a high-protein diet. Enough protein is supplied by lentils, and other fruits and vegetables in our meals. But if you are accustomed to a high-protein diet in your country, you may find that you will want to supplement this diet for your first week here.
- If you need to supplement your diet with extra foods, you may purchase nuts, vitamins, etc. from a nearby shop at your own expense. We ask that you do not eat unhealthy/non-vegetarian foods. .
- If eating outside, avoid: meat, fried, spicy, caffeine. This is best suited for spiritual practice and meditation, and also Shatkarma practices (cleansing).
- Positive energy and attitude: remember that your energy affects other people around you. Please try to keep a positive and happy attitude during your training.
- Please try to accept that studying and practicing in India will be different from western countries/cultures. We appreciate your open mind and way of learning.
Evaluation & Certification:
Your admission to this school does not guarantee a certificate. You will be evaluated by your teaching practicums, behavior, progress, and full attendance.
- Students are not allowed to bring mobile phones, take photos or videos during classes.
- Your consent to Upaya staff members occasionally taking photos for our website and marketing purposes.
Social Media Content Sharing:
- Upaya Yoga shares photographs of training classes & events on its social media. If any student has a problem with the photographs to be posted on social media platforms, they are requested to update to the class teacher about their objection and please stay away from the group for a while during photography sessions. Upaya Yoga will not accept objection of any students if they didn’t inform about their mind not to come in the frame.
Fees and Refunds
- The student is free to leave the course at any time. In this, eventuality there will not be any refund and readmission will not be agreed.
- Upaya Yoga reserves the right to expel from the school any student which consistently disobeys the Code of Conduct as detailed on the registration form. In this case, there will not be any refund for the remaining days.
Payment for Products or Services
All Payment Cards will be processed in Rupees at the time of payment at Upaya Yoga Centre. Upaya Yoga is not responsible for any fees, charges, exchange rates or additional charges levied by individual financial institutions or Credit Card companies.
- Respect the teacher and your fellow students, please practice as instructed by the teacher and do not practice your own series during class.
- Practice Patience and Kindness at the Registration Desk. Have Respect for the Upaya Yoga School staff.
- Observe SILENCE during classes and especially during Savasana, Breakfast, where you integrate all you have absorbed during class.
- Clean up your space at the end of class. Pick up your props and mats and put in the designated areas as instructed by the teacher if not obvious.
- If exiting early, please do so just before Savasana, not during. Figure out the best way to leave your space silently. If you have no other option,
- Leave your mat and props where they are and quietly leave with respect to the group.
I, ______________________________, hereby consent to the terms and conditions of Upaya Yoga. I understand that demanding exceptions or behaving inappropriately towards students or staff/teachers will be grounds for immediate dismissal from the yoga school without refund or
Name of Student: Signature:
Batch: Date of Signature:
Kindly download code of conduct from this link https://upaya-yoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Code-Of-Conduct.pdf and fill all the require details on its last page. You will have to bring along with you its signed copy and submit this code of conduct on your check-in date at Upaya Yoga front desk.