Wrinkles, sagging of face, laugh lines, crow’s feet, double chins, and bags under eyes are some of the aging signs that can make us uncomfortable or even timid. Youthful & charming appearance is an indication of healthy mind & body. Similarly, a smiling face lightens the mood and impresses everybody. A popular study reveals that a baby smiles 400 times a day while an adult smiles barely 8 times. No doubt stress is one of the primary reasons for adults to lose their natural self and also their smile. Excessive stress, uneven lifestyle, smoking & alcohol are the main causes of premature ageing, dullness, and a constantly tired look. Doing yoga is one of the best ways of overcoming these signs of ageing and brightening up the face again. Facial yoga along with meditation can re-establish & maintain facial charm. Let’s check out some facial yoga mentioned below:-
Smiling fish face:
It assist in toning & lifting the cheeks.
- First of all suck in the cheeks & lips like a fish & now try to smile.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds & then release.
- Repeat these steps 4 to 5 times.
This pose is named after actress Marilyn Monroe. It creates firmer & fuller lips. Tightly gather lips together & blow a kiss. Repeat this process 4 to 5 times.
This pose is done to tone neck muscles and prevent sagging, double chins.
- Tip your chin upward and press the tip of the tongue to the roof of the mouth & try to swallow. Tilt your head towards right.
- Repeat the same for center and left side.
This pose focuses on fighting against crow’s feet and sagging.
- Open your eyes wider than usual & keep your rest of the face stationary.
- Now, look slowly left, then back to center. Look slowly right, then back to center. Repeat 10 times.
This pose is done to relax facial muscles & make them calm.
- Simply close your eyes and smile very slightly.
- Relax the rest of the face completely to achieve maximum calm.
It is done to tone up the neck muscles.
- Take a deep breathe through nose squeeze all your facial muscles & fists of both your hands.
- Now exhale through mouth, open your tongue out towards your chin. Roll your eyes up & open your hands.
- Repeat these steps 3 to 4 times.
Advantages of chosing Facial Yoga for anti-ageing:
- Cost effective: – As compare to expensive medication & cosmetics it costs nothing. Hence, it seems silly not to give facial yoga a try.
- Time effective: – It takes hardly 20 to 15 minutes to complete 5 to 6 poses of facial yoga. Whereas, cosmetic treatment may take many hours.
- No side effects: – Facial yoga has no side effect, whereas cosmetic surgery & medication has much probability of adverse effects.
- Releases tension :- Facial yoga adds relaxes those face & neck muscles which get stretched most due to our emotions such as stress.
- Boosts self-esteem & confidence:- It is most commonly seen that when we look better, we feel better. Hence, when our appearance is attractive we are confident to face crowd.