Prashant Pandey is a Yoga Teacher, Therapist, Astrologer and Acupressurist by profession with experience of 23 years in the field of yoga teaching. He belongs to Bihar School of Yoga and Bihar Yoga Bharati, Munger, Bihar.
He was introduced to practical Yoga in 1991, at the young age of 20 through a Health Management Course conducted by Bihar School of Yoga.
Prashant Pandey has led ashram lifestyle for 10 years (1995 – 2005) under the surveillant vision of his Guru (Spiritual Master) Swami Nirananjananda Saraswati, the Chief Patron of Bihar School of Yoga and Chancellor to Bihar Yoga Bharati, Munger, Bihar, India.
He has completed Certificate Course in Yogic Studies from Bihar Yoga Bharati, Munger, Bihar (1995).
At the age of 25, he was given the first opportunity to serve, as a part of the team, for Jail-Yoga-Program (Prison Yoga Program) in various central prisons in Bihar state to teach yoga to prisoners serving lifetime imprisonment.
Since 1996 until now, he has conducted-
- Health management and Therapy classes on Multiple Sclerosis, Depression, Arthritis, Pregnancy, Parkinson’s disorder, Diabetes, Hypertension etc.
- Seminars and sessions for special groups such as executives, school children, pregnant women & senior citizens.
- Mind Management sessions for business groups, IT and medical professionals, & school teachers.
- Yoga sessions for the Ranji Trophy Cricket Team and under 22 Cricket team of Maharashtra Cricket Association, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
- A project for National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT), Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
- Lectures at National Institute of Naturopathy, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
With Yoga, his special interest is in Astrology. He is a Certified Astrologer, passed the astrological examination conducted by Indian Council of Astrological Sciences, India with the title of ‘Jyotish Praveen’.
He is also a certified Acupressurist under National Institute of Acupressure Research, Training & Treatment, Chandigarh, India.
By the grace of his Guru, these skills give him a broad perception to see and identify the overall state of an individual, enabling him to teach and suggest a way for HEALTH.
Currently he is working with Jehangir Hospital, Pune, since 2014, being part of special project “Patient First” which is a very wise vision of the organization to complete the circle of total health by covering the physical and mental aspects. The Yoga sessions are conducted daily for the In-patients, nurses, housekeeping staff and other staff.
He is also working in Symbiosis International (Deemed University) in Symbiosis Centre for Yoga, Pune. He is organizing and conducting various academic courses on yoga of which Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy and Certificate Program in Yoga is currently running. Organizing workshops for students at various outlets of Symbiosis Institute is a part of the course.