Upaya is an innovative Yoga School highly specialized in Yoga Teacher Training and Meditation courses.
Upaya welcomes hundreds of students from all over the world every year to provide a superior standard of teaching where tradition and innovation blend in an empowering experience for lifelong learning.
Several Reasons To Choose Upaya Yoga
Who We Are
- Upaya Yoga is a family. A special place to learn and share in a safe environment and serene atmosphere. People from all over the world join us every year, and in such cultural melting- pot, you will meet inspiring people, and you will make new friends.
- Our teachers are reliable and proficient in all areas of Yoga. We appreciate that the course might move you physically and emotionally, bringing some up and down. For this reason, our team will be available for any support and assistance. We will accompany you delicately through the extraordinary process of self-discovery.
- The spaces for the yoga practice enhance energetic flow. Two beautiful outdoor yoga shala will host your classes to help you connect with your inner self most genuinely. Surrounded by lush tropical trees, during the early morning and sunset classes, your senses will benefit from the beauty and energy of Nature, doing your practice with us an unforgettable experience.
- At Upaya, we respect your privacy, and we value the need for silence. Our open-air communal areas allow personal relaxation and comfort. Green and shady gardens provided of swinging chairs, pillows, cushions, cozy dining areas, and the library will always make you feel at home. A swimming pool and sunbeds are there to refresh during the hottest hours of the day and chill in moonlight.
Where We Are
- The location of Upaya is in itself, magic and unique. Upaya stays just behind Cola Beach 1 min walk only and touched by the natural water rive. Golden sand, calm water, and coconut trees depict this private and stunning beach in the south of Goa.
- Another reason for our ideal location is the surroundings of Cola. The popular Agonda, Palolem and Patnem beach are reachable by a short drive; respectively 10 and 20 minutes each. There you will find a wide variety of shops, lively restaurants and bars, colourful Indian markets and atm. Either you decide to relax on our beach or to stroll around, you will undoubtedly make the best of your free time at Upaya.
- Your safety is also one of our priorities. For this reason, our premises are under 24 hours surveillance. Yourself and your belongings will not incur any danger or risk.
What We Offer
- The Yoga Teacher Training Course develops to build the confidence of teaching as soon as you leave. Even so, if to become a professional yoga teacher is not your plan, anyway, we aim to deliver a profound yoga approach and a mindful practice. These will be inspiring resources in your everyday life. Either way, you will find yourself positively transformed at the end of your stay.
- Yoga Alliance US and the Yoga Alliance UK certifies all our Teacher Training Courses. Both organizations are recognized worldwide. Therefore, the yoga teacher certification that you will gain in India will have international validity.
- Our goal is to bring you far beyond the physical practice of asana yoga by digging deep into Yogic and Indian philosophy. You will also develop practice in Pranayama (breathing techniques), Mantra (chanting), Kriya (cleansing), Yoga Nidra (yogic conscious sleep). Finally, learning of Anatomy and Ayurvedic medicine will provide you with a true understanding of why Yoga is so important in daily life.
- Meditation also is a crucial activity at Upaya, and we love to guide you through it. Even so, be aware that one type of meditation cannot be suitable and enjoyable for everyone. Therefore, we offer a diverse range of meditative practices: some are active, and others are more still. We hope this will help to realize what style is more appropriate for your need and personality.
- We also offer workshops in various asana and crucial aspects of the yogic practice. It is a special occasion to overcome personal difficulties to gain useful tips and insights.
- Joining our School, through one of our courses or retreats, you will have the possibility to experience and practice many different styles of Yoga such as Hatha, Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Yin, Nidra. Both courses and retreats offer yoga classes of a superior standard and care for the practitioner. Just choose the formula that fits you better right now in your life!
- We are what we eat, and we consider eating a sensory experience that can be a meditation in mindfulness. Super tasty and wholesome vegan and gluten-free meals will be prepared daily by our passionate cooks. We serve vegan and vegetarian food during the entire week, except for the dinner on Saturday and the whole Sunday (days off). We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner rich in choice, and as a buffet.
- The accommodation at Upaya is a genuinely magical living environment. To support your intense day, we offer all the luxuries you need for a blissful night rest. Comfortable beds, mosquito nets, hot shower, and fan are in all rooms. According to different budgets, our options include eco garden huts and treehouse.
Donation Fee And Quality Standard
The cost of our teacher training courses and retreats correspond to the quality we offer throughout your entire stay.
Upaya wants to be something else than another economic initiative, which ends up commercializing the ancient knowledge and science of Yoga.
This School means to be a place open to any person who wants to experience the simultaneous growth of body, mind, and soul.To support and guide the growth of our students is an act of love and respect for the uniqueness of human beings. It is a gift which we aim to share with as many people as possible and, by doing so, we do not sacrifice quality on any of the services that we offer.
Our team, entirely inspired by this ethics, works harmoniously together to guarantee the best value to everyone.
Have a wonderful stay at Upaya!
Why Upaya Yoga?
- Very experienced teachers
- Yoga Alliance Certificate (USA)
- Teacher Training Manual
- Two beautiful locations, Goa and Rishikesh
- Goa Accommodation – choose between unique ECO Hut, A/C Room, Non AC Room, Shared/Single Room
- Great location on the beach
- Rishikesh Accommodation – A/C Eco Huts
- Great location by the river and surrounded by mountains
- Single occupancy available during the Yoga Teacher Training Course with hot and cold shower facility
- Night security
- Yoga Shala has beautiful views of the sea, river and surrounding hills
- Three vegetarian meals and 2 tea breaks every day (Sunday lunch and dinner not included)
- Drinking water free of cost
- 24 hrs Wifi
- Two T-Shirts
- Lifetime membership
- Option to learn and teach with us in the internship program
- Opportunity to teach in our school’s branches after graduation
- Opportunity to start our chapters in your country as Upaya’s Franchisee.
What will you learn in this training:
- How to give a solid and clear demonstration
- How to give clear instruction (working with Voice)
- Proper alignment of postures
- Yoga anatomy
- Hands-on adjustment
- How to avoid common injury during practice
- How to jump backward and forward (vinyasa flow)
- How to use props for better postures (as recommended by B.S.K Iyengar)
- Mantra Chanting
- Yogic breathing (Pranayama) and their benefits
- Yogic body cleansing (Kriya yoga)
- Mudras and their benefits
- Yoga philosophy (Patanjali yoga sutra)
- Ayurveda and Yoga principle
- Assisting yoga class with other teacher
- How to teach 45 min to 90 min long class
- How to teach one to one class
- How to teach more than 10 people in a class
- Yoga career and business